Middle Eastern Hummus
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (15oz) can of garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tbs lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbs tahini
- fresh parsley for garnish
- olive oil for drizziling
- toasted pine nuts for garnish
- 2 tbs roasted red pepper, chopped, for garnish
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
This is a wonderful Middle Eastern dip that is super simple to prepare.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- Add all ingredients to food processor or blender and pulse until smooth but not liquid. Pay attention to the consistency. You want it to be thick and smooth, not smooth and runny.
- Place in a bowl and garnish with a drizzle of olive oil, red pepper, pine nuts, and parsley. Taste for seasoning and adjust if desired.
- Serve with pita chips or crackers.