Middle Eastern Hummus
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 (15oz) can of garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tbs lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
This is a wonderful Middle Eastern dip that is often served with crispy pita chips.
- In a saute pan toast the sesame seeds over medium low heat until golden.
- Transfer seeds to a blender along with garbanzos, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl surrounded by crispy pita chips.