|1/2 lb fresh mushrooms|
|1 onion, minced|
|2 tbs butter|
|2 tbs flour|
|1/2 cup heavy cream|
|1/2 cup sour cream|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
- Wash, dry and slice mushrooms thinly.
- Cook mushrooms and onions in butter over low heat for our about 10 minutes or until tender but not browned.
- Remove mushrooms and onions from pan and add flour. Stir with a wooden spoon removing all browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Cool flour stirring frequently for about 5 minutes.
- Add cream and sour cream and seasonings.
- Use whisk to combine well.
- Cook for another 2 minutes then add back the mushrooms and onions.
- If sauce is too thick add a little water of stock to loosen.
- Continue to whisk until desired consistency is reached.