|3 tbs unsalted butter|
|2 tbs flour|
|dash of kosher salt|
|dash of paprika|
|3/4 cup light cream or half and half|
|1/2 cup fish stock or clam juice|
|2 egg yolks|
|2 tbs dry sherry|
This is a classic seafood sauce that works well with all shellfish.
- Melt butter in a sauce pan.
- Remove from heat and stir in flour, slat and paprika
- Stir until combined.
- Gradually stir in in cream and fish stock and whisk until smooth.
- Cook over medium heat and whisk constantly until the mixture thickens and comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, beat egg yolks well, then stir in about 1/2 cup of the sauce.
- Stir the egg yolk mixture into the sauce and add the sherry.
- Cook over low heat, constantly stirring until smooth and heated through.
- Pour over cooked shellfish of choice and serve.