Oysters with Bacon and Cheese
|24 oysters, shucked in shell|
|1 green pepper, minced|
|1 onion, minced|
|1 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded|
|8 slices bacon, cooked crispy, and crumbled|
A perfect marriage of briney oysters, bacon and pepper jack cheese.
- Cook bacon until crispy, remove from pan and drain on paper towels.
- Saute green pepper and onion in same pan for about 4 minutes.
- Evenly spoon vegetable mixture over oysters.
- Cover each oyster with pepper jack cheese.
- Place oysters on a baking sheet and broil for several minutes or until cheese has melted.