Portuguese Sausage and Kale Soup
|1 lb of kale, tough stems removed|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1 lb of linguisa sausage, cut into 1/4 inch slices|
|1 large onion, chopped|
|2 large carrots, peeled and chopped|
|10 cups of chicken broth|
This is a stick to your ribs Portuguese classic soup.
- In a stock pot cook the sausage over medium high heat until browned.
- Discard all but 2 tbs of the drippings.
- Add onion and carrots to drippings and cook until onion and carrots are soft. About 5 minutes.
- Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Wash and kale and cut crosswise into 1/2 inch wide strips.
- Add to boiling broth and cook stirring until bright green. About 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve in large bowls.