Risotto with Parmesan
- 3 and 1/2 cups of chicken broth
- 3 tbs butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Risotto is adaptable to many different ingredients and versions, however we feel that the simplest basic versions are best.
- In a sauce pan bring broth to a simmer.
- In another sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring until soft. About 5 minutes.
- Add rice and stir until opaque and well coated with butter.
- Add 1/2 cup of the broth to rice and cook stirring, until absorbed.
- Continue to cook, adding broth 1/2 cup at a time and stirring constantly after each addition until absorbed.
- Rice should be just tender and not starchy. About 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
- Let stand for 2 minutes.