- 4 ready to cook quail
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup dry sherry
Quail is a delicious game bird that takes well to roasting as well as sauteing.
- Rinse quail and dry with paper towels.
- Season quail all over with salt and pepper.
- In a large saute pan add butter using medium high heat and saute quail until brown on all sides. About 10 minutes.
- Add sherry to pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered for 20 minutes or until quail are tender.
- If you need more liquid add a little more sherry.