Scallops with Shallot Butter
- 1 lb of sea scallops (about 20)
- 1/2 cup of butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 tbs parsley, minced
- dash of kosher salt
- dash of white pepper
- lemon wedges for serving
These scallops are delicious and look wonderful presented in scallop shells.You can find the shells in many cookware shops.
- Divide scallops among 4 scallop shells or place them in a shallow baking dish.
- Season lightly with salt and white pepper.
- In a bowl, mix the butter, shallots, garlic and parsley until well blended.
- Evenly dot the scallops with the butter mixture
- Bake in a preheated 500 degree oven or until scallops are opaque in the center. About 6 to 8 minutes.
- Garnish with lemon slices and serve.