Smoked Trout with Horseradish Cream
|2 boneless butterflied smoked trout, about (1 lb)|
|1/4 cup of capers, drained and rinsed|
|1 tbs lemon juice|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|2 tbs horseradish|
This is a great dish to serve at a buffet or as an appetizer.
- Remove and discard skin from trout.
- Cut fillets in half lengthwise, then cut crosswise into 1/2 inch wide strips.
- Place several capers in the center of each strip and spear with a wooden tooth pick and set aside.
- Whip the cream with lemon juice.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Fold in the horseradish.
- Transfer to a bowl and place in the center of a serving platter. Surround with watercress.
- Arrange trout on watercress.