Smoked Trout with Horseradish Cream
- 2 boneless butterflied smoked trout, about (1 lb)
- 1/4 cup of capers, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 tbs horseradish
- Watercress sprigs
This is a great dish to serve at a buffet or as an appetizer.
- Remove and discard skin from trout.
- Cut fillets in half lengthwise, then cut crosswise into 1/2 inch wide strips.
- Place several capers in the center of each strip and spear with a wooden tooth pick and set aside.
- Whip the cream with lemon juice.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Fold in the horseradish.
- Transfer to a bowl and place in the center of a serving platter. Surround with watercress.
- Arrange trout on watercress.