- 4 slices of bacon cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tbs of butter
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup of shredded Swiss cheese
- dash of freshly grated nutmeg
This is a super simple omelet guaranteed to please.
- In a oven proof saute pan, cook the bacon, stirring often until slightly crispy.
- Drain on paper towels. Remove all but 2 tbs of bacon drippings from the pan.
- Add some butter to the pan and reduce heat to medium low.
- Pour the eggs and cook, lifting edges with spatula to let the uncooked eggs flow underneath until set but still moist on top.
- Halfway through cooking sprinkle the peas over the eggs.
- Remove from heat and scatter bacon in the center and sprinkle with cheese.
- Place pan under broiler about 4 inches from heat and broil until cheese has melted.
- Grate some fresh nutmeg over.
- Cut in wedges and serve from the pan.