|4 rainbow trout, cleaned, head on tail on|
|1/3 cup flour|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1/4 cup milk|
|1/2 cup sliced almonds|
This is a classic recipe using fresh trout and almonds.
- Wash and dry trout.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper.
- Pour milk into a shallow pie plate.
- Dip trout in milk and shake off excess.
- Roll in flour mixture until well coated.
- In a large saute pan, using medium heat, add 1/4 cup of butter until golden.
- Add trout and saute using medium heat for about 5 minutes, turning once, or until the fish are browned on both sides.
- Carefully remove fish to a serving platter.
- Add 1/4 cup of butter to the saute pan.
- When melted add the almonds and saute using low heat until the almonds are golden.
- Pour almonds and butter over fish and serve.