Tuna Steaks with Bacon
|4 tuna steaks, about 1/4 lb each|
|4 slices bacon|
|2 tbs butter|
|2 tbs soy sauce|
|1/2 cup dry white wine|
This tuna dish is wonderful, seasoned with bacon, sauce and white wine.
- In a saute pan cook bacon over medium heat until almost crisp.
- Place bacon on paper towels and drain.
- Remove all but 1 tbs of the bacon fat from the pan.
- Return pan to heat and add the tuna steaks.
- Dot fish with butter and add soy sauce pan and white wine to the pan.
- Cover and cook for about 3 minutes or until fish is still slightly pink in the center.
- Remove tuna steaks and place on a platter.
- Chop bacon and return to pan increase heat under pan and slightly reduce sauce.
- Pour sauce over tuna steaks and serve.