Alaska Cod in Miso Broth with Udon Noodles
|2 Alaska cod fillets (4 to 6 oz each)|
|1/4 cup miso paste|
|2 cups water|
|2 tbs soy sauce|
|1 (8oz) package of Udon noodles|
|1 red chili pepper, seeded and thinly sliced|
|4 scallions, thinly sliced|
|1 cup of mushrooms, thinly sliced|
|2 cups of stir fry vegetables|
|1 tbs butter|
|1 tbs toasted sesame oil|
- Heat a wok or a large nonstick saute pan over medium high heat.
- Brush both sides of cod with sesame oil.
- Place cod in heated pan and cook uncovered about 3 to 4 minutes until browned.
- Turn cod over and cover pan tightly and reduce heat to medium.
- Cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes or until fish is opaque.
- Remove fish and set aside.
- Add the miso, water and soy sauce the the pan.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer and add the noodles and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the chili, scallions, mushrooms and stir fry vegetables and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Ladel the noodle mixture into tow wide bowls, then top with a cod fillet.
- Top with additional chili sauce if desired.
Recipe courtesy of Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute