- 2 Alaska cod fillets (4 to 6 oz each)
- Sesame oil
- 1/4 cup miso paste
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 1 (8oz) package of Udon noodles
- 1 red chili pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 cups of stir fry vegetables
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 tbs toasted sesame oil
- Heat a wok or a large nonstick saute pan over medium high heat.
- Brush both sides of cod with sesame oil.
- Place cod in heated pan and cook uncovered about 3 to 4 minutes until browned.
- Turn cod over and cover pan tightly and reduce heat to medium.
- Cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes or until fish is opaque.
- Remove fish and set aside.
- Add the miso, water and soy sauce the the pan.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer and add the noodles and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the chili, scallions, mushrooms and stir fry vegetables and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Ladel the noodle mixture into tow wide bowls, then top with a cod fillet.
- Top with additional chili sauce if desired.
Recipe courtesy of Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute