Alaska Halibut Tacos with Cucumber Salsa
- 1 cup diced seedless cucumber
- 1 green onion sliced
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbs fennel, finely chopped
- 1 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbs olive oil, divided
- kosher salt and fresh crack black pepper to taste
- 4 Alaska Halibut fillets (4 to 6 oz each)
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 4 (9 inch) tortillas or flat breads
- 1 cup of crumbled goat cheese
- In a small bowl, combine cucumbers, green onion, tomatoes and fennel.
- In a separate bowl, blend vinegar, 1 tbs of oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour over cucumbers and set aside.
- Rinse fish under cold water and pat dry.
- Heat a non stick saute pan using medium-high heat.
- Brush both sides of halibut with remaining olive oil.
- Add fillets to pan and cook uncovered for about 3 to 4 minutes or until browned.
- Turn fillets over and season with thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Cook until fish flakes easily and is opaque.
- Remove from heat and break into large chunks.
- To serve, divide halibut among tortillas and sprinkle with goat cheese and cucumber salsa.
Recipe courtesy of the Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute.