Alaska Halibut Tacos with Cucumber Salsa
|1 cup diced seedless cucumber|
|1 green onion sliced|
|1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved|
|2 tbs fennel, finely chopped|
|1 tbs rice wine vinegar|
|2 tbs olive oil, divided|
|kosher salt and fresh crack black pepper to taste|
|4 Alaska Halibut fillets (4 to 6 oz each)|
|1 tsp dried thyme|
|1 tsp dried rosemary|
|4 (9 inch) tortillas or flat breads|
|1 cup of crumbled goat cheese|
- In a small bowl, combine cucumbers, green onion, tomatoes and fennel.
- In a separate bowl, blend vinegar, 1 tbs of oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour over cucumbers and set aside.
- Rinse fish under cold water and pat dry.
- Heat a non stick saute pan using medium-high heat.
- Brush both sides of halibut with remaining olive oil.
- Add fillets to pan and cook uncovered for about 3 to 4 minutes or until browned.
- Turn fillets over and season with thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Cook until fish flakes easily and is opaque.
- Remove from heat and break into large chunks.
- To serve, divide halibut among tortillas and sprinkle with goat cheese and cucumber salsa.
Recipe courtesy of the Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute.