Grilled Alaska Halibut with a Green Chile Blanket
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or low fat plain yogurt
- 1 can (4 oz) diced green chilies
- 1 tbs fresh lime juice
- 4 Alaska Halibut steaks or fillets (4 to 6 oz each)
- 1 sheet aluminum foil (12x18)
- 1 tbs chopped fresh cilantro or chives
- Preheat a grill to medium heat.
- Combine mayonnaise, green chilies and lime juice and set aside.
- Rinse fish under cold water and pat dry.
- Place Halibut on a spray coated foil sheet on the grill.
- Cook for about 5 minutes then turn Halibut over.
- Liberally spoon the mayonnaise mixture onto the cooked side of each portion.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and cook for an additional 5 to 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily and is opaque.
Recipe courtesy of the Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute.