Grilled Alaska Halibut with a Green Chile Blanket
|1/2 cup mayonnaise or low fat plain yogurt|
|1 can (4 oz) diced green chilies|
|1 tbs fresh lime juice|
|4 Alaska Halibut steaks or fillets (4 to 6 oz each)|
|1 sheet aluminum foil (12x18)|
|1 tbs chopped fresh cilantro or chives|
- Preheat a grill to medium heat.
- Combine mayonnaise, green chilies and lime juice and set aside.
- Rinse fish under cold water and pat dry.
- Place Halibut on a spray coated foil sheet on the grill.
- Cook for about 5 minutes then turn Halibut over.
- Liberally spoon the mayonnaise mixture onto the cooked side of each portion.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and cook for an additional 5 to 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily and is opaque.
Recipe courtesy of the Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute.