Alaska Smoked Salmon Capri Salad
- 1 package of mixed salad greens (10oz)
- 1 jar (14oz) quartered marinated artichoke hearts (reserve liquid)
- 1 cup canned hearts of palm, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1/2 lb Alaska smoked salmon, in chunks
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and cut into chunks (cut at last minute to avoid discoloration)
- 1/2 cup of the reserved artichoke liquid
- 1 tbs of tarragon or white wine vinegar
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- kosher and fresh cracked black pepper taste
You can prepare this delicious salad in about 10 minutes. Serves 4 to 6.
- Divide salad greens among four plates.
- Layer artichokes, hearts of palm, Alaska smoked salmon and avocado over greens.
- Whisk dressing ingredients in a small bowl or jar.
- Pour over salad just before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute