- 6 cups of sliced McIntosh apples
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 and 1/2 cups flour
- 1 and 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tsp melted shortening
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- Mix apples, sugars, and cinnamon in a 9×13 baking pan.
- Dot with butter.
- Combine the topping mixture. Batter should be thick.
- Drop batter by spoonfuls over the fruit.
- Bake for 15 minutes in a preheated 400 degree oven.
- Reduce temperature to 350 degrees and bake until fruit is done. About 30 minutes.