|6 cups of sliced McIntosh apples|
|1/3 cup brown sugar|
|1/3 cup white sugar|
|1 tsp cinnamon|
|1 and 1/2 cups flour|
|1 and 1/2 tsp baking powder|
|1/4 tsp salt|
|3 tsp melted shortening|
|1/2 cup milk|
- Mix apples, sugars, and cinnamon in a 9×13 baking pan.
- Dot with butter.
- Combine the topping mixture. Batter should be thick.
- Drop batter by spoonfuls over the fruit.
- Bake for 15 minutes in a preheated 400 degree oven.
- Reduce temperature to 350 degrees and bake until fruit is done. About 30 minutes.