Bacon and Tomato Pasta with Parmesan
|4 slices of thick cut bacon, chopped|
|1 large onion, chopped|
|1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes|
|1 (28oz) can of Italian tomatoes|
|1 lb of pasta (any variety)|
|1/2 cup white wine|
|grated Parmesan cheese|
|fresh parsley for garnish|
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
- In a large sauce pan cook bacon over medium high heat for about 4 minutes until bacon is crispy.
- Remove bacon and drain on a paper towel.
- Reserve 2 tbs of the bacon fat and saute the onions until soft. About 5 Minutes.
- Stir in red pepper flakes.
- Stir in tomatoes and break up with a spoon or potato masher.
- Add the bacon, and white wine.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Add pasta to to a bowl and add tomato sauce and toss well.
- Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.