Bacon and Tomato Pasta with Parmesan
- 4 slices of thick cut bacon, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (28oz) can of Italian tomatoes
- 1 lb of pasta (any variety)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- grated Parmesan cheese
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
- In a large sauce pan cook bacon over medium high heat for about 4 minutes until bacon is crispy.
- Remove bacon and drain on a paper towel.
- Reserve 2 tbs of the bacon fat and saute the onions until soft. About 5 Minutes.
- Stir in red pepper flakes.
- Stir in tomatoes and break up with a spoon or potato masher.
- Add the bacon, and white wine.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Add pasta to to a bowl and add tomato sauce and toss well.
- Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.