Banana Cake with Raisins and Nuts
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 and 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs, bananas, and vanilla.
- Sift the flour, soda and salt together.
- Add to butter mixture alternately with the milk.
- Fold in raisins and nuts.
- Pour into baking pan and bake for about 40 minutes.
- Cake may be frosted if desired.