Blueberry Cheese Muffins
|1 and 1/2 cups of flour|
|1/4 cup sugar|
|3 tsp baking powder|
|1 tsp salt|
|1 cup yellow cornmeal|
|2 cups sharp cheddar, shredded|
|2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, rinsed and drained|
|1 cup milk|
|1 egg, beaten|
|1/4 cup butter, melted|
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, cornmeal, cheese and blueberries.
- Beat remaining ingredients and all all at once to the dry ingredients.
- Stir just until blended. Do not over mix.
- Spoon into greased muffin pans or into paper muffin cups inside of a muffin pan.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool and remove from muffin pan.
Recipe courtesy of The North American Blueberry Council