Alaska Charred Sugar-Crusted Salmon
|2 tbs sugar|
|1 tbs chili powder|
|1 tbs black pepper|
|1/2 tbs ground cumin|
|1/2 tbs paprika|
|1/2 tbs kosher salt|
|1/4 tsp dry mustard|
|Dash of cinnamon|
|4 to 6 Alaska Salmon fillets (4 to 6 oz each)|
|2 tbs canola oil|
|1/4 cup Dijon mustard|
- Blend all ingredients for the dry sugar rub.
- Generously coat one side of each Alaska salmon fillet with the mixture.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Place each salmon fillet in pan, seasoned side down.
- Cook for about 2 minutes to sear.
- Turn fillets over and reduce heat to medium and continue cooking for another 5 to 6 minutes or until fish is just opaque throughout.
- Serve salmon with mustard.
Recipe courtesy of the Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute