Alaska Charred Sugar-Crusted Salmon
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1 tbs chili powder
- 1 tbs black pepper
- 1/2 tbs ground cumin
- 1/2 tbs paprika
- 1/2 tbs kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
- Dash of cinnamon
- 4 to 6 Alaska Salmon fillets (4 to 6 oz each)
- 2 tbs canola oil
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- Blend all ingredients for the dry sugar rub.
- Generously coat one side of each Alaska salmon fillet with the mixture.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Place each salmon fillet in pan, seasoned side down.
- Cook for about 2 minutes to sear.
- Turn fillets over and reduce heat to medium and continue cooking for another 5 to 6 minutes or until fish is just opaque throughout.
- Serve salmon with mustard.
Recipe courtesy of the Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute