|1/2 stick of butter|
|4 slices of bacon, chopped|
|1/2 cup onion, chopped|
|1/2 cup carrot, peeled and diced|
|1/2 cup celery, chopped|
|1/4 cup diced green bell pepper|
|1/4 cup flour|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1 cup chicken broth|
|1 (28oz) can diced tomatoes|
|3 cloves garlic, chopped|
|2 tsp thyme|
|1/4 cup chopped parsley|
|2 cups half and half|
|2 cups diced cooked chicken|
- Melt butter in a large sauce pan or stock pot over medium high heat.
- Add the bacon and saute until slightly crispy.
- Add the onion, carrot, celery and green pepper. Cook until tender. About 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with flour and stir to combine and flour mixture.
- Gradually add the chicken broth and stir with a wooden spoon or whisk until smooth.
- Stir in the tomatoes.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add the thyme and parsley.
- Simmer for 30 minutes and then add the chicken.
- Add the milk and half and half and stir until smooth. Do not boil.
- Season with salt and pepper.