Cookie Crust Lemon Bars
|1 and 1/2 cups flour|
|3/4 cup cold butter|
|3 tbs lemon zest|
|1 and 1/2 cups sugar|
|4 tbs flour|
|juice from 2 large lemons|
|1 tsp lemon peel|
|2 tsp lemon extract|
|1/3 cup powdered sugar|
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, powdered sugar and lemon zest.
- Cut in the the butter and mix with a pastry blender or 2 forks until crumbly.
- Press into a lightly greased 9×13 pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 325 degrees.
- While crust bakes, in a mixing bowl, beat the eggs.
- Add the sugar and flour, lemon juice, lemon peel and lemon extract. Mix well.
- Remove the crust from the oven and pour on the topping.
- Increase the heat to 350 degrees.
- Return the pan to the oven for 15 more minutes.
- When completely cooled, cut and sprinkle with powdered sugar.