Crunchy Cranberry Relish
- 2 cups cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 and 1/2 tsp grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup of golden raisins
- 1/4 cup dark raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped apple
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
This relish can be served with chicken, fish or pork or can be served as a salad on it’s own.
- Place the cranberries, sugar and water in a sauce pan over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to medium low and boil gently, uncovered for about 15 minutes,
- Remove from the heat and stir in the orange zest, orange juice, raisins, celery, walnuts, grapes, apple and ginger.
- Pour into a jar and when cool refrigerate.