Flounder with Basil Chili Butter
|1/4 lb of butter, room temperature|
|2 tsp chili powder|
|2 tbs fresh basil, minced or 2 tsp dry basil|
|4 flounder fillets, about 1/2 lb each|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|2 tbs canola oil|
- Mix butter, chili powder and basil until well blended. Set aside.
- Rinse and pat dry fish.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Dredge in flour and shake off excess.
- Heat oil in a large rimmed baking pan, about 4 inches below broiler.
- When oil is hot carefully add fish.
- Cook for about 4 minutes, turning once during cooking.
- Transfer to warm plates and top each portion of fish with the butter mixture.