Flounder with Basil Chili Butter
- 1/4 lb of butter, room temperature
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tbs fresh basil, minced or 2 tsp dry basil
- 4 flounder fillets, about 1/2 lb each
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 tbs canola oil
- Mix butter, chili powder and basil until well blended. Set aside.
- Rinse and pat dry fish.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Dredge in flour and shake off excess.
- Heat oil in a large rimmed baking pan, about 4 inches below broiler.
- When oil is hot carefully add fish.
- Cook for about 4 minutes, turning once during cooking.
- Transfer to warm plates and top each portion of fish with the butter mixture.