Garlic and Basil Infused Olive Oil
- 2 cups of extra virgin olive oil
- 8 to 10 cloves of whole garlic
- 10 basil leaves
This is a wonderful technique which infuses the flavors of garlic and basil into olive oil. It is perfect when added to fresh tomato sauce, drizzled over pizza or over fresh mozzarella cheese.
- Add the olive oil basil and garlic to a heavy bottomed sauce pan.
- Place on the stove using very low heat. The oil should barely bubble.
- Leave on the stove for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Cool slightly then using a wire mesh strainer, strain the oil into a covered container.