Japanese Eggplant and Goat Cheese Rolls
|4 Japanese eggplants, stems removed|
|1 and 1/2 tbs olive oil|
|3 ozs goat cheese|
|12 to 16 sprigs of watercress, sprigs, washed and dried|
- Cut eggplants lengthwise in 1/4-1/2 inch slices.
- Brush both sides with oil and place in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
- Bake in a 450 degree preheated oven for 8 minutes.
- Turn and continuum baking for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from baking sheet and place on a platter to cool.
- Place about 1/2 tsp of the cheese at one end of each egg plant slice then top with a spring of watercress, letting leaves overhang edges.
- Roll up secure with toothpicks and place on a serving platter.