Lemon Basil Chicken
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbs lemon zest
- 3 tbs fresh basil, chopped
- basil leaves for garnish
- In a large saute pan melt 2 tbs of butter over medium high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook, turning once until lightly browned.
- Add broth, lemon peel and lemon juice.
- Reduce heat , cover and simmer for about 3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Transfer chicken to a warm serving platter and keep warm.
- Increase heat to high and boil pan juices until reduced by half. About 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add remaining butter and cook, stirring until sauce coats the back of a spoon.
- Stir in chopped basil and pour sauce around chicken and garnish with basil leaves.