Low Country Crab Rice
|2 lbs of lump crab meat|
|1 cup of long grained rice, cooked according to package directions|
|1 large stalk of celery, minced|
|1/2 red bell pepper, chopped in small dice|
|1/2 green bell pepper, chopped in small dice|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|2 tbs parsley|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
This is a much beloved traditional dish from the Low Country.
- Cook rice according to package directions. Once cooked place in the refrigerator to cool completely.
- In a large saute pan using medium high heat add the garlic and onions and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add the cooled rice and mix well and saute for about 3 minutes.
- Add the crab meat and gently fold in, remove from heat and let sit for several minutes before serving.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.