Low Country Crab Rice
- 2 lbs of lump crab meat
- 1 cup of long grained rice, cooked according to package directions
- 1 large stalk of celery, minced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped in small dice
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped in small dice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbs parsley
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- canola oil
This is a much beloved traditional dish from the Low Country.
- Cook rice according to package directions. Once cooked place in the refrigerator to cool completely.
- In a large saute pan using medium high heat add the garlic and onions and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add the cooled rice and mix well and saute for about 3 minutes.
- Add the crab meat and gently fold in, remove from heat and let sit for several minutes before serving.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.