|2 and 1/2 cups of water|
|1 cup of sugar|
|2 tbs orange zest|
|2 tbs lemon zest|
|1 and 1/2 cups fresh orange juice|
|1 and 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice|
|water/ regular or sparkling|
|lemon and lime slices|
- In a medium sauce pan, combine the 2 and 1/2 cups of water and sugar.
- Cook over medium heat until the sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and cool.
- Add the orange and lemon zests and juices to the sugar and water mixture.
- Cover and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To serve, fill glasses with equal parts of the fruit mixture and plain or sparkling water.
- Add ice and serve, garnished with fruit slices if desired.