Peach Ice Cream
- 2 cups ripe peaches, crushed
- 1 and 1/3 cups sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbs flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 and 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Mix peaches with 1/2 cup sugar. Set aside
- Mix remaining sugar, salt and flour.
- Blend in eggs and 1/4 cup milk.
- Add remaining milk and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture coats a metal spoon.
- Cool, then add vanilla and cream.
- Pour mixture into a freezer proof container and freeze until almost firm.
- Remove from freezer and beat vigorously until smooth.
- Fold in peach mixture and return to freezer.
- Freeze until firm.