Peach Ice Cream
|2 cups ripe peaches, crushed|
|1 and 1/3 cups sugar|
|2 tsp vanilla extract|
|1/2 tsp salt|
|2 tbs flour|
|2 eggs, beaten|
|1 and 1/2 cups milk|
|2 cups heavy cream|
- Mix peaches with 1/2 cup sugar. Set aside
- Mix remaining sugar, salt and flour.
- Blend in eggs and 1/4 cup milk.
- Add remaining milk and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture coats a metal spoon.
- Cool, then add vanilla and cream.
- Pour mixture into a freezer proof container and freeze until almost firm.
- Remove from freezer and beat vigorously until smooth.
- Fold in peach mixture and return to freezer.
- Freeze until firm.