Peppercorn Chicken with Rosemary Cream Sauce
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbs of crushed black peppercorns ( you may alternatively use, dried pink or green)
- 2 to 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 cup dry sherry
- 1cup whipping cream
- 1 tbs dried rosemary or 2 tbs fresh
- kosher salt
- Pound the chicken between sheets of plastic wrap until 1/4 inch thick.
- Sprinkle each side liberally with the crushed pepper. Lightly rub into the meat.
- In a large saute pan, melt 2 tbs of butter and 1 tbs of olive over high heat and add the chicken, a portion at a time and cook turning once, until no longer pink in the center. About 3 minutes.
- Add more butter and olive oil as needed.
- Transfer chicken to a warm serving platter and keep warm.
- Add the dry sherry to the pan using medium high heat and use a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits from the pan.
- Add the cream and rosemary and bring to a boil stirring until reduced by half. About 3 to 4 minutes.
- Spoon over chicken and serve.