Pineapple Onion Marmalade
|1 fresh pineapple|
|2 cups red onion, chopped|
|2 cups yellow onion, chopped|
|1 and 1/2 tbs butter|
|2 tbs balsamic vinegar|
|1 tsp sugar|
|dash of kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper|
This marmalade goes well with chicken, fish or pork.
- Cut crown from pineapple. cut into half, then into quarters
- Cut fruit from the shell. Trim of the tough core and dice pineapple.
- Cook onions in butter using medium heat for about 15 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Add vinegar and sugar and cook for 5 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat and add the pineapple and seasonings. Mix well.