Pineapple Onion Marmalade
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 2 cups red onion, chopped
- 2 cups yellow onion, chopped
- 1 and 1/2 tbs butter
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- dash of kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
This marmalade goes well with chicken, fish or pork.
- Cut crown from pineapple. cut into half, then into quarters
- Cut fruit from the shell. Trim of the tough core and dice pineapple.
- Cook onions in butter using medium heat for about 15 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Add vinegar and sugar and cook for 5 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat and add the pineapple and seasonings. Mix well.