Potato Apple Salad
|6 medium potatoes|
|4 medium red apples|
|1 large onion, chopped|
|1 cup celery, chopped|
|1 tbs capers|
|2 scallions, chopped, white and green parts|
|2 tbs red bell pepper, chopped|
|1/4 cup olive oil|
|1/4 cup white wine vinegar|
|1 tsp lemon juice|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
- Cook potatoes in boiling water until fork tender.
- Drain, cool, peel and cut into 1 inch chunks.
- Core the apples and cut into skin on chunks.
- Mix the potatoes, apples, onion, celery, scallions, capers and red peppers.
- Mix the oil with the white wine vinegar and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Season dressing with salt and pepper and pour over the potatoes and apples.
- Mix gently.
- Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.