Pumpkin Apple Sauce Bread
|1 cup light brown sugar, packed|
|2 large egg whites|
|1 cup pure canned pumpkin|
|1/4 cup canola oil|
|1/2 cup plain yogurt|
|1/2 cup applesauce|
|1 tsp vanilla extract|
|3/4 cup all purpose flour|
|1 cup whole wheat pastry flour|
|1 and 1/2 tsp baking powder|
|1 tsp ground cinnamon|
|1/2 tsp ground nutmeg|
|1/2 tsp baking soda|
|1/2 tsp salt|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, egg whites, pumpkin, oil, yogurt, applesauce and vanilla extract.
- In a medium bowl, combine the all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and salt.
- Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and stir until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean.
- Coll in pan for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and completely cool on a wire rack.