Raspberry Barbecue Sauce
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle juice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 tsp of A-1 steak sauce
- 2 and 1/2 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbs onion, minced
- 1/4 cup Pickapeppa sauce
- 2 cups open pit barbecue sauce
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
This is an unusual version of barbecue sauce, however it is absolutely delicious, especially on pork, chicken grilled salmon.
- Combine all ingredients in a heavy bottom sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil, then turn heat to low.
- Simmer sauce, uncovered for about 2 hours. Stir every 15 minutes or so.
- Cool and brush over chicken, ribs or fish in the last 15 minutes of grilling.
- Recipe may be doubled.