Raspberry-Strawberry Freezer Jam
|1 pint of raspberries, crushed, about 2 cups|
|1 pint of strawberries, crushed, about 2 cups|
|4 cups sugar|
|1 package of powdered fruit pectin|
You can use any combination of berries to make this jam.
- Mix crushed fruit and sugar in a large bowl and let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a sauce pan mix water and fruit pectin.
- Bring mixture to a boil and boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and stir into the crushed fruit.
- Continue to stir for 3 minutes.
- Ladle the jam into six 1 cup containers.
- Cover immediately and let stand at room temperature for 24 hours.
- Then store in the freezer and use as needed.