Roasted Garlic and Eggplant Soup
|1 large eggplant|
|1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|1 head of garlic, oven roasted|
|1/2 cup whipping cream|
|2 and 1/2 cups chicken broth|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1/4 cup chopped parsley|
- Wrap the head of garlic in aluminum foil with a little olive drizzled and roast in a 350 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until garlic is soft.
- Squeeze garlic from paper wrapping and set aside.
- Peel eggplant and cut int 3/4 inch slices.
- Brush both sides with olive oil and place on a foil covered baking sheet.
- Broil 5 inches from below heat, turning once until soft and brown on both sided.
- Cut eggplant into chunks and place in a blender or food processor.
- Add the roasted garlic and cream and process until smooth.
- Transfer soup to a sauce pan and warm using medium heat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with fresh parsley.