- 1 large eggplant
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 head of garlic, oven roasted
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 and 1/2 cups chicken broth
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Wrap the head of garlic in aluminum foil with a little olive drizzled and roast in a 350 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until garlic is soft.
- Squeeze garlic from paper wrapping and set aside.
- Peel eggplant and cut int 3/4 inch slices.
- Brush both sides with olive oil and place on a foil covered baking sheet.
- Broil 5 inches from below heat, turning once until soft and brown on both sided.
- Cut eggplant into chunks and place in a blender or food processor.
- Add the roasted garlic and cream and process until smooth.
- Transfer soup to a sauce pan and warm using medium heat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with fresh parsley.