Roasted Pepper and Brie Dip
- 1 cup jarred roasted peppers in oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/2 lb double creme Brie cheese, rind removed and cubed
- 1/4 lb of Gruyere cheese, cubed
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced (if you like extra spicy, leave the seeds in)
Creamy and delicious.
- Drain the oil from the roasted red peppers, pouring 2 tbs of oil into a non stick saute pan.
- Discard the remaining oil.
- Place the red peppers into the bowl of a food processor, and pulse until finely chopped.
- Stir in the garlic and shallot into the saute pan with the oil and cook for 1 minute over medium heat.
- Pour 1/2 cup half and half into the saute pan and heat until simmering.
- Stir in the Brie and Gruyere cheeses until the cheeses melt and the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the red and jalapeno peppers.
- Add additional half and half.
- Serve immediately.