Sauteed Kale with Cannellini Beans
- 1 and 1/2 lbs of kale, tough stems removed
- 4 slices of bacon, chopped
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cans (1 lb each) Cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Rinse and drain kale.
- Cut crosswise into 1/2 inch strips and set aside.
- In a large saute pan, cook bacon over medium high heat until crispy. Drain and set aside.
- Add onions to pan and cook, stirring, until soft. About 5 minutes.
- Add kale and cook, stirring, until wilted and bright green. About 3 to 4 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to a warm serving platter and keep warm.
- Add beans to pan and reduce heat and cook until heated through. About 4 minutes.
- Arrange beans alongside kale.
- Sprinkle both with bacon.