Shrimp Pasta with Fiddlehead Ferns
|1 lb of Fiddlehead ferns|
|2 lbs of medium shrimp|
|1 tsp butter|
|1 tbs olive oil|
|1/2 cup green pepper, diced|
|2/3 cup onion, chopped|
|1/2 lb of mushrooms, sliced|
|2 tsp dried thyme or 1 tbs fresh|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|2 tbs lemon juice|
Fiddlehead ferns are widely available in the spring and are super healthy and delicious.
- Cut ends of Fiddlehead ferns and remove scales.
- Bring about 4cups of water to boil in a large sauce pan and add shrimp.
- Cook shrimp for 3 to 5 minutes until pink. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile cook pasta according to package directions.
- In another sauce pan add about 4 cups of water and cook the Fiddlehead s in boiling water for about 10 minutes.
- To a large saute pan add the olive and butter.
- Using medium heat saute the onions and bell peppers until onions are slightly soft.
- Stir in the fiddleheads, add the mushrooms, and thyme. Add lemon juice
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add in shrimp and toss gently.
- To serve spoon shrimp and vegetable mixture over the pasta.