Smoked Salmon Tart
- 2 tbs canola oil
- 2 cups of leeks, trimmed and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tbs thyme, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tbs chives, chopped
- 1/2 lb of Alaska smoked salmon
- 1 and 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tbs Italian bread crumbs
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 package of puff pastry, thawed (17oz)
- 1 egg beaten with 1 tbs of water
- In a large saute pan, cook leeks and garlic in canola oil over medium high heat until leeks are soft. Take care not to burn garlic.
- Stir in herbs and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, combine Alaska smoked salmon, cheese, bread crumbs and cayenne pepper.
- Stir in cooled vegetable mixture.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Divide and roll out puff pastry to fit a 10 inch tart or pie pan.
- Fit one pastry sheet into pan. With a fork make holes in pastry sheet.
- Add filling and top with remaining pastry sheet.
- Trim and seal edges. Brush with egg wash.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Cool and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute