Smoky Pimenton and Sherry Roasted Alaska Black Cod
|4 Alaska Black Cod fillets (6 to 8oz each) fresh or thawed|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1/2 cup dry sherry|
|1/4 cup chopped parsley|
|2 tbs canola oil|
|2 tsp Pimenton (smoked Spanish paprika)|
|1 tbs smoked paprika|
- Season Alaskan Black Cod fillets with salt and pepper and smoked paprika,
- Add sherry and parsley to a large zip top plastic bag.
- Add fillets, seal bag and turn several times to coat.
- Marinate in refrigerator for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Remove fillets from marinate and discard marinade.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add oil to an oven safe saute pan and heat to medium-high.
- Add cod fillets to pan, skin side up and saute in oil for 3 to 4 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Turn fillets over and cook an additional 3 to 4 minutes, until browned.
- Finish thicker fillets in oven, cooking just until fish is opaque throughout.
- Sprinkle with smoked paprika before serving.
Recipe courtesy Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute