Southern Creamed Corn
|6 ears of corn|
|2 tbs of butter|
|1 large red onion, chopped|
|1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped|
|2 cups whipping cream|
|1 tsp sugar|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
- Remove husks and silks form cobs and cut corn off with a sharp knife.
- In a large saute pan, melt butter over medium high heat.
- Add the onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring often until softened. About 5 minutes.
- Add corn, cream and sugar.
- Cook, stirring constantly until mixture is thickened. About 10 to 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.