Southern Sour Cream Potato Salad with Pickled Onions
|4 lbs red skin potatoes|
|1/2 cup vinegar|
|1 onion chopped|
|1/2 cup water|
|1/2 cup salad oil|
|2 medium onions, sliced|
|3/4 cup sour cream|
|2 hard cooked eggs, minced or riced|
|kosher slat and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
- Boil potatoes until fork tender.
- While still warm peel and slice thinly.
- Put vinegar, chopped onion and water in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl put a layer of potatoes then onions. Keep stacking until the last of the potatoes are on the top. Season each layer with a little salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the potatoes and onions with a little oil and a few spoonfuls of the vinegar mixture.
- Gently fold in the sour cream.
- Garnish with parsley and the riced eggs.