Spiced Spinach and Potatoes
|4 tbs canola oil|
|2 large russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes|
|3/4 of spinach, stems removed|
|2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed|
|2 tsp ground coriander|
|1/2 tsp ground ginger|
- Heat 3 tbs of oil in a large saute pan over medium high heat.
- Add potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally until browned on all sides. about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut spinach leaves crosswise into 1/2 inch strips. Set aside.
- Reduce heat to low and add garlic, coriander, ginger and the remaining 1 tbs of oil to the potatoes and cook stirring until very fragrant. 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour in 1/2 cup water, cover and simmer until potatoes are tender. About 8 minutes.
- Add spinach to pan and increase heat to high and cook, stirring until leaves are wilted and most of the liquid has evaporated. About 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a warm serving platter.