|2 cups of fresh or frozen strawberries|
|1/3 cup of sugar, more if needed|
|1/4 cup cold water|
|1 tbs cornstarch|
This sauce is perfect drizzled over cake or ice cream.
- Place berries and sugar in a sauce pan.
- Thoroughly mix the cornstarch with water.
- Add the berries and break up with a wooden spoon.
- Heat and stir constantly until sauce comes to a boil.
- Continue stirring until sauce thickens and becomes clear and glossy.
- Boil gently for 2 more minutes, stirring constantly.
- Cool then refrigerate.