- 2 cups of fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1/3 cup of sugar, more if needed
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 tbs cornstarch
This sauce is perfect drizzled over cake or ice cream.
- Place berries and sugar in a sauce pan.
- Thoroughly mix the cornstarch with water.
- Add the berries and break up with a wooden spoon.
- Heat and stir constantly until sauce comes to a boil.
- Continue stirring until sauce thickens and becomes clear and glossy.
- Boil gently for 2 more minutes, stirring constantly.
- Cool then refrigerate.