Sweet Potato and Black Bean Enchiladas
- 6 large flour tortillas
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2/3 cup apple cider vinegar, divided
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 dried hot chili pepper
- 1 (15oz) can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- canola oil
- 1/2 lb of chorizo
- 1 cup of salsa
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tbs chopped cilantro
- Wash and cut the sweet potatoes into bite sized pieces.
- Put the potatoes, soy sauce and 1/3 cup of the cider vinegar into a large pot and boil until the potatoes are very soft and the liquid is mostly absorbed. About 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, saute the leeks, chorizo (if using) and garlic over medium high heat in a little oil with the cumin. About 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining cider vinegar, chili pepper, black beans.
- When potatoes are soft mash the with a potato masher.
- Fold in the bean mixture and 1 cup of the cheese.
- Fill the tortillas with several tbs of the filling and roll tightly.
- Place tortillas in a greased baking pan and pack tightly.
- Top the enchiladas with the remaining cheese and bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for about 25 minutes or until the cheese starts to brown slightly and is bubbly.
- If desired you may place the baking pan under a broiler for several minutes to brown the top even further.
- Serve with salsa, sour cream and cilantro.