|1/3 cup sugar|
|dash of salt|
|6 tbs flour|
|2 eggs beaten|
|1 cup of milk|
|1 cup heavy cream|
|2 tsp pure vanilla extract|
- Mix dry ingredients and slowly stir in milk and cream.
- Add to a sauce pan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly until it boils.
- Reduce heat and cook gently for another 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir a small about of this mixture int the eggs, then blend into the hot mixture in the saucepan.
- Cook just until boiling point, stirring constantly.
- Cool slightly then stir in vanilla.
- Pour into small covered containers and refrigerate while custard is setting.