- 1/3 cup sugar
- dash of salt
- 6 tbs flour
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Mix dry ingredients and slowly stir in milk and cream.
- Add to a sauce pan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly until it boils.
- Reduce heat and cook gently for another 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir a small about of this mixture int the eggs, then blend into the hot mixture in the saucepan.
- Cook just until boiling point, stirring constantly.
- Cool slightly then stir in vanilla.
- Pour into small covered containers and refrigerate while custard is setting.