Avocado with Raspberry Vinegar
|1 cup fresh raspberries|
|2 ripe avocados|
|1 small head radicchio|
|5 tbs white wine vinegar|
|6 tbs of peanut, or grape seed oil. (any light oil with a neutral flavor)|
|3 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste.|
Raspberry vinegar ads a new dimension in flavor to the creamy avocado’s. Serves 4 as an appetizer.
Health Tip: 10 Health Benefits of Avocados
- Put half the raspberries in a small bowl.
- Heat the vinegar until bubbling, then pour over the raspberries.
- Leave for several hours so the flavors can infuse.
- Over a bowl, place the raspberries into a wire mesh strainer, pressing gently to extract the juice, but not the pulp.
- Drizzle in the oils in to the raspberry vinegar slowly while whisking. Season with salt and pepper.
- Halve and pit the avocados and slice artfully place on attractive plates with a few leaves of radicchio and a few of the reserved raspberries
- Pour dressing over, and serve.